SPOILER ALERT!
Bel Canto - Ann Patchett I read this book as part of a reading challenge -- a book I was hesitant to read. I kept seeing the book on "Buy One Get One Half Price" tables and kept considering it. This book was given to my younger brother by a customer as a Christmas gift. I never saw him reading it, but every time he saw me considering it, he told me it was a good book and that I would definitely like it. Even so, I was hesitant to read it. I am not really one for reading books that are recommended to me. I find my tastes are so different than any one else's that I do not trust recommendations. After two recommended books were truly fantastic, I think I may have to change my mind on that position. This book was excellent. I read it while on vacation, and I could not put it down. I did not want to leave it to go ashore in a town I was really looking forward to visiting. This was a great book, I found the timeline a bit jumpy and confusing, nothing happening for chapters, then all of a sudden everything happens all at once, but I pushed through those chapters and got to the reward of a great book. I was disappointed at the ending, after spending the book getting to know and care about the characters, I was unhappy at the resolution, but the book itself was well worth the time I took, and the sunsets I missed! I will put this on my list of books to recommend to people looking for something a bit different, but still familiar and easy to read. I may have to check out other books by the author as well.